Thursday, June 09, 2005

No, I am NOT paid by Amicas....

Our Amicas install has become a favored destination for site visits. We had a group come through the other day, and I was more than happy to wax poetic in favor of Amicas and to, um, dissuade them from purchasing Evolved (see below..) In the middle of my anti-Evolved spiel, one of the top Amicas guys gently suggested that I get back on the Amicas track, lest the visitors think that I am paid by Amicas to say bad things about their competitors. Let me assure everyone that I am NOT paid to say (or not to say) anything. I do own stock in one company that makes a PACS system: GE! That doen't keep me quiet about them, now does it? I do have my price, but none of the PACS vendors can afford it...well, maybe GE can, but they haven't made any offers as yet.

In the spirit of fair and balanced reporting, here are some minor changes I would like to see Amicas make in the LightBeam product. Yes, some of this is borrowed from other systems I have seen, and some I made up all by myself. Likely many are already in the pipeline...

  1. Unify the function of the measurement tool so it works the same as its counterpart within the Voxar tools...both need to be click and then drag or drag and then click. My two neurons get confused very easily, you know. There should be a way to drag the label out from over something interesting, too.
  2. Add the ruler function to the right-click options.
  3. Lock the display window to maximum size within designated monitor(s). Right now, the viewer is within a regular Windows window, and can be (too) easily resized. Might as well use all that monitor real-estate we purchased.
  4. Add some additional markup tools.
  5. Use the mouse-over state to decide which window is active.
  6. Bring the comment window to the front, or create a button for one-click access instead of two-click access (radiologists are lazy if you didn't already know that!)
  7. Make a second great big "X" on the left side of the screen as well as the right so I don't have to move the cursor all the way to the other side (see comment on #6.)
  8. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE!!!!!!!

See, I don't think Amicas is perfect, just darn close.

No comments :