Thursday, September 08, 2005

3000 Visitors...and some Firefox Woes

Congratulations to visitor number 3000, who comes to us from Karolinska University Hospital in Stockholm, Sweden. Tack själv för besöka min blog!

Anonymous, from Copenhagen, Denmark, via TDC Bredbaand, notes that with Firefox, the venerable blog looks like "rubbish". Now we can't have that, can we? I must confess to using Internet Explorer 6.0, mainly out of sloth, since our good friends at Microsoft do try to update it almost as fast as the hackers crack it, and their updates come automatically. To check out my Danish friend's complaint, I did download and install Firefox. I'm working with it right now, as a matter of fact. The only glitch I am seeing involves the sidebar, where the Google Group and Search windows are overlapping the adjacent text. If no one minds, I'll simply delete those two items, and all should be well. Anonymous is using UNIX, but hopefully that won't make any difference. Tak for lån , Anonym , nemlig lade mig kende herom!

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Thanks, better already.

Anonymous said...

For those of you that can't read danish the last sentence means "Thanks for letting me borrow it, anonymous, right on let me knows about it". A pretty odd statement :-)

Dalai said...

That's what I get for using online translators! The line was supposed to be, "Thanks, Anonymous, for letting me know about this." If you give me the proper translation in Danish, I'll be glad to change the post. How badly did I mangle the Swedish sentence?

Anonymous said...

And here comes a greeting from the 3000th visitor (at least I think it was me..)

The swedish sentence in the beginning means: "Thanks yourself for visit my blog!". Also kind of funny :-)

Thanks for a great blog, though!

Anders