Sunday, February 06, 2011

The 2010 Medical Weblog Awards!

Sometimes self-promotion gets you somewhere.

medGadget.com, a great site in the spirit of Engadget and Gizmodo, but with a medical bent, has an annual Medical Weblog Award.  This year, I am very proud to announce that Dalai's PACS Blog is up for the award in the Best Medical Technologies/Informatics Weblog.  In fact, I'm first on the list, which is an accident of alphabetization, but I'll take it.  I do have to confess one thing...when this contest was first announced, my blog was not on it.  Fortunately, nominations were still open at that point, and with characteristic modesty, I did the honors myself.

In my category, I've got some stiff competition:  HIStalkiMedicalAppsNanoTechGalaxy, and ScienceRoll.  Click the links to check them out.  These are all pretty high-class, but none deal with the information with my level of humor, sarcasm, and self-depreciation.

Please go to the medGadget site and consider voting for Doctor Dalai.  While you're there, have a look at the other categories, too!

So far, Dalai's PACS Blog isn't doing so well at the polls. I really don't need to win the prizes, but it would be awful to come in dead last...

No comments :