Friday, January 09, 2015

Apple Watch Clone?

I will probably be one of the first in line for the Apple Watch, at least if it can be ordered online. Supposedly, the grand release will come in March, with pricing ranging from $350 for the aluminum sport flavor to $5,000 or more for the gold "Edition" version. I'll probably go for the $500 steel on steel version:


Even though the darn thing hasn't even been released yet, there are manufacturers in China who have already cloned the look and feel, if not the mini iOS experience, and you can be the first on the block to have an Apple Watch, or at least something that looks like one:




A few reporters have had a chance to play with what may or may not be the same clone, and were not terribly impressed. Apparently the fake, I mean the AW08 Bluetooth Smart Watch, runs some form of Android, and was a little unstable. Oh, well.

If you are so inclined, this little fellow is available from AliExpress.com for only $48.36 with free shipping from Guangdong via Singapore Post. Actually, there are almost 200 of these listed with AliExpress. Get yours before Apple does something about it.

1 comment :

stacey said...

I find cell phones already too small to use productively. I can't imagine wanting to see anything other than the time and my stop watch/lap splits on a watch. I'd have to run or walk around with my reading glasses on to see that stuff... makes no sense for me.
But for the sci fi geeks... nothing is too silly...